It can be hard to drink green smoothies. They’re not always the most pleasant tasting, but we know they’re good for us so we try our best.
Well give this recipe a try, and you may find it easier to drink to your health. It literally does not taste like a green smoothie. It tastes like blueberries and vanilla. One of my very favorites!
Spinach, Banana & Blueberry Green Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 small handful blueberries (mine are usually frozen)
- 2-3 heaping spoonfuls vanilla yogurt (I use Stonyfield Organic)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk or coconut milk/coconut water
- Ice (optional)
- Blend well and enjoy right away
- Spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. It’s is very low in calories, but at the same time, very high in vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Manganese, Folate, Magnesium, and Iron.
- Bananas are packed with Potassium, making them good for your heart and muscles.
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, protecting your body from cancer causing free-radicals. They are excellent for brain health and improving memory.
- Yogurt is a great source of protein. It also contains probiotics which help keep your digestive tract and immune system healthy.